Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkin Dash 4K

As someone informed me I have not updated this recently, so here ya go! Today was the Pumpkin Dash at Credit Island in the cities. Barb went with me to keep me company (yea!). I bought some coldweather tights and a shirt yesterday (I *heart* underarmour) so I wore those. It was only supposed to be only a high of 55 today and windy so I wasn't sure how to dress. My legs were night and toasty but I could have used some gloves and a hat and maybe a lightweight shirt over the one I wore. Now I know for next time.

They said there were around 600 people there-some were doing the 8 K though. We ran around the "island" once for the 4K. It was flooded this summer, so the road was full of mud and potholes so I had fun dodging all of that. And, of course, I got stuck behind some walkers at the beginning. WHY DON'T THE WALKERS START BEHIND THE RUNNERS?!?!?! Drives me crazy! I've had a very long week so I decided to try and not overdo it and just keep a nice steady pace. I had to quit running on Wednesday as I had a cold or virus or something and went home early with a fever that day. Fun times. The run went pretty quickly and I avoided the ever fun side cramps I'd been getting my last few runs at the Y. So, not my best time, but respectable. I ended at 25:15 on their timer (or close to it).

Barb and I ate some free food and then went out to breakfast. It's so nice having someone to hang out with after the race!!

Next up is the Jingle Bell 5K in Bloomington on the 9th and the Galesburg Turkey Trot on the 23rd.

No comments: