Saturday, November 29, 2008

FOLEPI River Trail Classic 4 Mile

Well, I'm rather sad this is my last race this year. It's so addicting!

This race was in East Peoria, it was 30 degrees and sunny. It was a little cold while we waited to start, but perfect while running. It started 10 minutes late due to getting everyone bussed to the start line. This was a point to point race, so they picked us up at the finish line and bussed us to the start line. I wore the same thing as the last few races and felt fine. I actually peeled off my gloves 1/2 way through and carried them, I was getting a little toasty. It's funny how your hands can go from freezing ( I had them balled up in my gloves) to way overheated in matter of 15 minutes.

I was a little nervous about this race because it WAS 4 miles. I've only ran 4 miles in a row once, on the treadmill. I decided that I wasn't going to worry about my time-I just wanted to be able to run it all. I kept at my 10 minute mile pace and sped up/slowed down every so often. I wore the iPod today and that helped tremendously! I tried to explain the fast music=faster running concept to Brent but he wasn't buying it. It's true! I swear! After 2 miles I was feeling good, after 3 I knew I'd be able to finish. I wasn't out of breath at all, no side cramps, I was doing ok. The trail had a little downhill slant to it, barely noticable but it was there and that was nice.

I finished at 39:41 and went inside to see what they had to eat. Pizza and subs from Avanti's! Yum! Nothing like pizza and diet pepsi at 10 in the morning, lol! I changed and tried to make my hair look like I HAD washed it in the last week (because it was looking like I hadn't) and then did a little Christmas shopping and headed home.

We got really nice hooded sweatshirts instead of the standard t-shirts at this race. Fun!

A Frosty look-alike gave out flyers to a January race so I may have to keep that on the calendar!

No comments: