Well, we're getting to the end of my racing year. One more to go next week-and it's a 4 miler. Woo!
Turkey Trot #2-I had a decent time 30:05 and came in #4 in my age group, darnit! Alex still said he was proud of me though, so I'll take that instead. This was at Lake Storey and started at the pavilion and wound around the bike path. It had some little hills, and I mean little. I'm still not used to hills at all, though, so I didn't much like them! There were a lot of Y people there and it looks like several carloads of quad city people. Mostly older men in tights......um, yea. I just wore my underarmour "base layers" (pants and shirt), fleece pullover and shorts. Hat and gloves, of course. One guy did tell that I was looking good so that was a little pick me up. I think I look like a boy with a hat on! It was kinda windy, but sunny so it was okay, supposed to be 34 degrees but feeling like 27 degrees supposedly. My fingers were a little cold so I tucked them in the first mile until they warmed up.
Pretty uneventful. I hung around with Y people afterwards and ate some bananas and gaterade. Looking forward to next week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment